Over the past twelve months, NAFSA has hosted a number of webinars covering the following topics for the International Student and Scholar Services and International Enrollment Management communities:
1) Today's Chinese Student: What Really Matters
- Provided an update to our picture of today’s Chinese student through insights about cultural contexts, motivations, support systems, and aspirations.
2) International Student Adjustment
- Included insights on how to recognize and address adjustment challenges for international students, ranging from changes in lifestyle and interpersonal relationships to cultural differences.
3) Today's Chinese Student: Cultural Insights for Better Integration
- Discussed how today's Chinese students differ from those of the past and how group culture and shared experience impact cultural and social integration, and applied the basics of intercultural communication to bridge the cultural gap between U.S. and international students.
4) International Enrollment Management in Action
- Several campuses shared stories of strategic International Enrollment Management, what worked well, what they learned along the way, and what they would do differently.
5) Using Data as Insight in International Recruitment
- Learned how to drive international enrollment strategies and evidence decision-making using internal, external, and digital data.
6) Today's Chinese Student: Understanding the U.S. Classroom (coming on April 4, 2013)
- Provided best practices to help Chinese students address challenges, such as English language difficulties and unfamiliar classroom expectations, as well as how to support faculty in adjusting to the changing demographic of the U.S. classroom.
We are now considering future webinar topics. What are some hot topics would you like to see included?
Find more information on NAFSA's webinars at www.nafsa.org/webinars